Monday, March 23, 2009

Introduction to Powder Burns & Bullets

For those of you just tuning into Powder Burns & Bullets, I am Stephen Book, and this is my blog. This will take the place of my previous blogging under the title "Even The Trees Have Something To Say." While that was fun, it has run its course, and now it is time to get more focused.


This is a place where you can follow my writing career (my successes and near-successes). And while this site will hold almost all of my previous postings from the old blog, it is also my plan to make this a blog where readers can find interviews, book reviews, crime studies, analysis of humorous police blotters, and a variety of other items. I hope you enjoy.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Stephen,

    Thanks for directing me to your site. Looking forward to poking around and seeing how you've arranged the furniture. Best of luck with your blog. Great name, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pad. Nice art. Looking forward to JCT's guest blog; now, will you please join me in getting him to get his OWN?!

    Crack the champagne - open house party! Peace, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. John: Thank you for the well wishes. As I wrote in my previous blog, a good name is important. I hope this one, and the address, serve my needs better than the last one did.

    Linda: Thank you for stopping by as soon as you have. As for John, he knows that I've already pressed him a couple of times to get a blog going. When the timing is right, he'll do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new look, Stephen. Can't wait for John's interview...it's a great way to promote the new theme for your blog.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good, Stephen. And snazzy photo! I imagine that on the back of a book one day soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carol and Greta: Thank you for stopping by and checking the new blog out. As for the jacket photo, I'm not sure that I wouldn't look better with a trench coat, a pair of aviator glasses and black fedora. More mystery. You take that away, and I'm just an Average Joe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new concept and the look. I am anxious to see it develop. I know it will be great!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting--it is so neat to see both Stephen and John spreading your wings. Great interview, I learn something new each time you write. Best. Mary Ulrich

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice place you have here Stephen.
    I'll be a regular. :)

    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a little late in the game - but I just got my copy of Writer's Digest.
    Kudos to the win and getting published!!! Great story - it is pretty disturbing - in a great and very effective way!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jim,

    Thank you for the follow-up and the warm comments. Disturbed, or horrified, is how I wanted to leave the reader. I'm glad it was effective.

    ReplyDelete