Today, I received a pleasant surprise. Writing Buddy, Greta, bestowed upon me the Honest Scrap Award. Greta has been a great friend over the last few years, and she's taught me volumes about writing and driving for the heart of a story. First I need to reveal ten things about myself that you may or may not know:
- I love heavy metal music, circa 1970s and 1980s. (e.g., AC/DC, Dokken, Queensrÿche).
- I enjoy singing and occasionally sing solos.
- I have also done a tad amount of acting too, though not much to consider myself an actor.
- I hate flying in commercial jets, but would love to learn how to be a pilot (strange, I know).
- My dream retirement is to have a house up in the mountains.
- I like to build, and I'm currently working on an entertainment center.
- I'm constantly wondering if I can grow this or that in my back yard. The latest is wondering if I can grow a key limes in west Texas. My wife thinks I'm crazy.
- And telling a story about my wife, I met her one night while she was dating another man. That night, I knew our paths would cross again.
- I want to have a motorcycle some day and take a vacation riding through the Rockies.
- I hate all the un-reality TV shows these days and refuse to watch them.
Okay, that much behind, I would like to pass this on to three good friends who are all passionate about what they do:
To Jon Strother, a talented writer who has demonstrated some serious honest, hard work in getting the Friday Flash program running at full steam.
For Carol Benedict, whose blog exudes her personal integrity as well as her passion about the finer points of writing.
And finally to Cindy Adams, who I have known for a couple of years now and who has demonstrated a purity of heart and passion in both her writing and her vision as a mother.
All of you rock.
Until next time...